Saturday, August 17, 2013

First victory for new coach Dilwant Singh


        4 - 0      

It's always interesting to pay attention to the pre-seasons of those teams under new coaches. SIM University started their first pre-season friendly against recent IVP Champion, Temasek Polytechnic (TP) and they whacked the hell out of the champion. New boy, Sulaiman, started to show how good he is in SIM's first match of pre-season by scoring a hat-trick against TP. Ang Zhiwei also celebrated his first goal under SIM University's jersey with a classy angel shot. However, man of the match does not become to these two scorers as it belongs to our stand-in captain for this match, Phua Yih Kiat, who performed superb to keep a clean sheet for his team. Kiat converted from defender to goalkeeper as the team's keepers are unavailable due to injuries and study.

"I am still not satisfy with the team performance, as I feel that this team has more to show. I want them to keep it as simple as possible and play a beautiful game. Nevertheless those new boys played well. I am quite impressed with Kiat because is his first time playing goalkeeper so now he give me an option to consider him as our 3rd-choice goalkeeper or even 1st choice." - Coach Dilwant Singh.

"Whole team played well, except a few new boys who are inexperience or not use to our football style. I feel that Sulaiman played very well and could be the star of our team. Hope next few matches our club players can come down and gel with the new boys. I think coach will have a hard time choosing his main team players." - Melvin Tan (President of SIM Soccer Club).

"I have no choice but to play keeper, but nevertheless is a good experience for me and my 'hate-to-lose' attitude help the team keep a clean sheet. If coach really want me to play keeper, I will play as long as it benefits the team. I just want to win the both SUniG and IVP, and I believe we can. PA BUAY TOH SIM!" - Kiat (Vice-President of SIM Soccer Club).

The team has had an almost perfect match in term of getting result. But one could have expected more out of the new boys, Faizal Taher and AJ , two players that will have huge responsibility in SIM's potential success this season.


No comments: