Monday, August 5, 2013

A Brand New Style Of Football


SIM University Soccer team new coach, Dilwant Singh, is calibrating his training to produce a brand new style of football as one that can see his team play at a very high tempo, pressing hard to recover possession and attacking in swarms. This style of football is similar to tactical trends in Europe like top sides, Bayern Munich and Barcelona, which play such beautiful and winning football. But in order to play this style of football, SIM Soccer team needs to be extremely fit and strong.

"We want to improve our style of play and I want the players to keep pressing for the ball. This requires plenty of physical strength and fitness. Of course, I hope they can follow the example of Spain and Bayern Munich. The main players in the team believe in this path which I want them to take." - Dilwant Singh (Head Coach of SIM Soccer team).

Last week SIM Soccer team's training has made most of the trial list players and ex-SIM team players suffered. Coach Dilwant Singh's emphasis on fitness has turned the spotlight on Kiat (Vice-President of SIM Soccer Club) and a few other last season SIM team players. Coach Dilwant Singh paid no heed to the players' huffing and puffing, shouting at them when they run box to box as the team working on their fitness.

"This training is a HELL as it is damn tiring but I don't mind them at all. I want to play for SIM Soccer team so I have to adapt to the new coach's style of play. In fact, it is better for me as I can gain back my fitness and match those club players who are joining us." - Kiat (Vice-President of SIM Soccer Club).

While the coach admits his side are still ''a work in progress'', he insists his team can go as far as winning the championship. 

"I am here to win championship with the team, not here to play and have fun with them. I expect a 100% commitment or more from them and whoever can't take my training will leave the team. Next 2 weeks, club players will come in and fight for their place so SIM training will be more and more intense and interesting to watch." - Dilwant Singh (Head Coach of SIM Soccer team).

NEXT TRAINING - TUESDAY (6th August 2013) 630pm @ Singapore Khalsa Association

No comments: